If you’re looking to switch things up at breakfast, try this recipe on for size:
Made out of simple and nutritious ingredients, these pancakes so delicious you’ll almost forget they’re healthy for you.
In fact, because these pancakes use almond meal instead of regular white flour, they are one of the only pancakes out there that can actually help you lose weight.
Studies have shown that eating 1 ounce of almonds a day can help you lose 62% more weight.
The health benefits of this superfood go beyond weight loss. They can also help you:
- Boost energy
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce your risk of heart disease
- Protect your body against diabetes & cardiovascular disease
- Boost heart health
- Improve hair & skin quality
So go ahead – grab your fork & indulge in these scrumptious little pancakes. Your body deserves it.
This recipe will feed 1 person, but it’s really easy to adjust to feed 4 (or more):
¼ Cup Almond Meal
|1 TBSP Coconut Oil
¼ Tsp Baking Soda
|1. Mash the banana(s) until they are smooth, then add the coconut oil and egg.
2. After the wet ingredients are thoroughly blended, add the baking soda & almond meal.
3. Spoon out the batter onto a hot griddle. Don’t make them too big, though – the bigger they are, the harder they will be to flip (silver dollar size is best).
4. Cook each side until they have a nice brown surface.
One of the best parts about this recipe is that it can fit into just about any diet – whether your paleo, gluten free, vegetarian or allergic to dairy, you can enjoy these on a daily basis (no guilt necessary).