Most Patriotic-themed desserts rely on food dyes, sprinkles, and marshmallows to get their signature Red, White, and Blue look…
And unfortunately, none of these things are healthy for you.
That’s why we love this recipe for Patriotic Probiotic Parfaits.
Chock full of good-for-you ingredients like Greek yogurt, cherries, and berries, this beautiful dessert is the perfect post-barbecue treat:
Patriotic Probiotic Parfaits:
*makes ten 118 calorie servings
|4 C 0% Fage
¼ C honey
1 T Vanilla
Juice & Zest of 1 lemon
|1lb Cherries – pitted
Optional: Coconut shreds or slivered Almonds
- Pour the yogurt, honey, vanilla, lemon zest & juice into a large bowl and mix well.
- Rinse your fruits thoroughly, but keep them separated!
- Put a spoonful of yogurt in each cup, then add a layer of cherries.
- Spoon another dollop of yogurt and add a hefty layer of raspberries and cherries.
- Add one more layer of yogurt, then top with blueberries.
Enjoy this scrumptious treat as you sit by the pool with your family, or while watching the fireworks with your friends.
It’s light, refreshing, and best of all…
It’s absolutely delicious!